Thursday, February 23, 2012

So I priced out my dream rig

A lefty Schecter C1 Hellraiser is 800
A Peavey Valveking 100 head is 550
Throw in a speaker cable and footswitch is another sixty bucks
so we come up with 1400 dollars for an almost complete rig.

If I were to add my dream pedals
A maxon od808 is about 130
A MXR ten band eq pedal is 120

All together we come up with about 1800 dollars after taxes and shipping.



I figure if I save every penny I can spare and stop buying fast food I can hit that amount by september at the latest. Or I can possibly find a way to finance it and get it now, but I hate the thought of being in large amounts of debt. I'd much rather buy it all with my own money.

dd a decent computer rig 1000
Tascam audio interface 300
4 pack of sm57's with stands and cables is about 500

So to sum it all up, 
1800 for guitar rig of my dreams
1800 for a small recording studio

add another thousand or so for soundproofing my garage and You have a grand total of 4600 for the whole shebang



Being semi employed at the moment, The prospect of saving up five grand is daunting to say the least.  It may be possible to go through my father using his credit to gear up, (his credit score is in the 800's) but as I said earlier I really would rather purchase the gear outright instead of being slave to a creditor.

To round it out to five grand I suppose a new barbeque wouldn't be outrageous either.

No comments:

Post a Comment